Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Travel Journal- Hello 2012!!!

My family has a lot of believes when it comes to receiving the new year. Everyone must wear yellow underwear. Yep, yellow underwear....It sounds weird but its supposed to bring money and prosperity. First of all, we all go to my aunt's house, and eat tamales with chocolate. Then, when its 12pm, my uncle (he's a priest) has a little bag full of saints. For example, Virgin Mary, Jesus and a bunch of other "protectors". So you pick one without looking, and that saint is supposed to take care of you throughout the year. Last but not least, at 12pm we eat 12 grapes, representing the 12 months and you must eat a grape and make a wish for each one. 

This year, I got to see all my cousins, uncles, and friends I haven't seen in years. I also got to see my dog. His name is Scout and he's a  Schnauzer, he lived with us for 2 years but we decided to leave him with my uncle instead of taking him to Panama. I miss him a lot.

I hope you all had a wonderful time and I hope this new year is full of good things for all of you!



No comments:

Post a Comment