Friday, January 6, 2012

Travel Journal-Wonders Made in Sand

Whenever we come to Colombia...we just stay home and do nothing. But for some strange reason, my parents decided to actually take us places. Anyways, first of all we went to this little town called Zipaquirá. That's where my parents met and we got to see the actual hospital where they used to work on. Then, we went to the Catedral de Sal which is like a big deal here. I think its the 11th wonder of the world or something. Its pretty cool. People think its made of salt because its called the "salt cathedral" but its not. I mean some parts are but it is basically an underground tunnel that was made into a museum. 
Next day we went to this center they have here in Bogotá. Its a tour that comes from all over the world were artists build the wonders of the world in sand. I thought that was really lame because how could you make a solid, detailed sculpture out of sand? Made no sense. But  when we actually saw it...OH MY GOD. The detail and how real they looked, its amazing. Like I can't even describe how awesome the sculptures looked! 
Today I just went to a mall, and... yeah. My dad is leaving the 8th, hes going back to Panama but my mom and I will stay here until the 14th. I hope you are all having a great time and...yeah. :)
   That was like, the worst scultpture ok?

No comments:

Post a Comment