Monday, March 5, 2012

Wordly Wise Lesson 6


Dear Lily,
            I don’t think you would ever expect this letterain’t like I planned on writing either. I hope… or I know you are doing fine. Assimilating you into their abode made me realize August and all those niggers might actually be nice. I’m kind of glad you’re gonebuying grits was not cheap. This is not one of those cheesy letters that fathers write to their long lost daughters so please don’t take it personally. I know how you like to think everybody loves you and will forever care about you.
             After I left you in Tiburon, I came back to town and all people did was talk about me. To be honest, this town is in a state of anarchy and people around here are goddamn dramatic. They say I was such a bad person, not only my wife but my daughter and maid abandoned me as wellha ha hawhat they don’t know is what a pain in the ass you women were. But don’t think they lionize you here. When I came back, all they did was interrogate me about the day Rosaleen was apprehended. Thank goodness they didn’t go back to Tiburon to arraign you after all the calamitous problems you caused. I hired a lawyer that helped me get rid of all the shackles I was dealing with. Goddammit Lily, you and your stubbornness. The fact of writing a letter to you is bizarre, considering how mad I wasand still am– at you.
            I have no idea what conspiracy you had in mind but dissension keeps growing here. You were in the newspaper, and all the meticulous women that have nothing else to do but gossip, are well aware of what you did. I hope time elapses quick enough so they forget about everything that has been going on and I honestly hope those women don’t get tired of you and send you back. Don’t come here begging for forgiveness because all you’ll get is an hour of grits-oh, and I know how much you like those. Good luck and may your terrible behavior improve because if not, a person abandoning will be imminent. I should get going. The day is short and I have to walk all the way to the peach stand and sit on my ass all day –all your fault by the way. The heat is sweltering and there’s no one else willing to do the job, so farewell.
God bless you and please Lily, be a good girl.
Your father,
T.Ray

No comments:

Post a Comment